What type of jobs are there working with mental patients?

Question by : What type of jobs are there working with mental patients?
I’m studying psychobiology in university right now and I think as a career I’d like to work with mental patients/insane patients at an institution (asylum or whatnot), you know, studying their behaviors, research about more about such mental illnesses like schizophrenia. What kinda jobs are there out like there that?

Best answer:

Answer by dane
they are following me! i can feel it!!!
everywhere, hidden cameras…they want what i have
the government….i dont eat crepes anymore!

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

2 Comments so far »

  1. Ryou said,

    Wrote on April 12, 2012 @ 6:58 am

    Are you seriously in college?
    First of all, you might want to brush up on your vocabulary, so that you don’t offend any patients you might come into contact with if you by some chance do work anywhere near one. They are not insane.. they are mentally ill. They do not stay in asylums, but psychiatric hospitals or mental health facilities. Once you learn how to speak like an adult and get a few sensitivity training classes under your belt, you might wish to apply for a job as a mental health aide, or psychiatric technician. But if you only wish to study them in them, find another way. These jobs require lots of empathy and compassion, and unselfish giving to a fellow human being.

  2. alexyvettea said,

    Wrote on April 12, 2012 @ 7:39 am

    I actually got an interview just now working with young girls who have schizofrenic, bipolar, and borderline personality disorder. You should look online and see what kind of jobs they have available at your location

Comment RSS · TrackBack URI

Leave a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.