Question by She’s Country: Psychology questions! please help, its part of a review for my final exam that i MUST pass!?
ok so i have been studying my butt of for my psychology final. my teacher gave us a final review but we have to find all the answers, she doesnt provide them. there are a few multiple choice questions im hoping you can help me with!!
1. Studies designed to compare and contrast people of different cultures are…
A. sociocultural B. cross civilization C. social blinds D. cross cultural.
IM ALMOST POSITIVE ITS A OR D.
2. A blazing sound that results from a combination of all frequencies of the sound spectrum is…
A. amplitude B. white noise C. localization D. irritating
IM ALMOST POSITIVE IT IS BETWEEN A AND B
3. Elicited through conscious recovery of recollections in response to direct questions.
A. explicit retrieval B. misinformation effect C. procedural memory D. short term memory
4. Brief perios of time after which a neuron has fired an action potential in which the neuron is in habited and unlikely to fire.
A. refractory period B. resting period C. resolution D. neural delay
The stage of the sexual response cycle when the body returns to the pre-excitement stage it…
A. resolution B. excitement C. orgasm D. plateau
IM ALMOST POSITIVE IT IS A OR D
5. social status, positive relationships and physical health are predictive indicators of…
A. life experience B. emotion C. happiness D. awareness
6. Until he turned 13, Bill had been proud of his family and very close to them. He attended church with them every week and enjoyed going on the family vacations. After turning 13, he began to be sick most church days and started to avoid being involved in the family activities. He even got angry with his parents when they would question him about these changes. Bill is experiencing ………
A. Menopause B. Puberty C. Maturity D. Identity crisis
7. The process used to study the effects of reinforcement on the behavior of lab animals is ……..
A. Stimulus generalization B. Extinction C. Discrimination D. Skinner box
IM ALMOST POSITIVE ITS EITHER A OR D
8.Joan was driving and briefly closed her eyes. While her eyes were closed, she hit a patch of ice, overturned her care and badly injured herself and her children. Since the accident, Joan has recovered physically, except that she has periods of blindness. Doctors are unable to find any physiological explanation for her blindness. She is exhibiting symptoms of which disorder?
A. Paranoia B. Hypochondriasis C. Disassociative D. Conversion
9.Joanna and Blanca are doing an experiment. They are going to the local elementary school to observe children on the playground as part of the experiment. They are doing….
A. basic research B. applied research C. longitudinal research D. positive correlation
IM ALMOST POSITIVE ITS A OR B
10. Condition in which person’s believes he/she needs a drug in order to maintain normal functioning.
A. addiction B. physical dependence C.emotional dependence D.psychological dependence
11. Thought suppression, relaxation and aerobic exercise are forms of ……
A. Active resolution B. Coping strategies C. None of these D. Explanatory style
12.Which is not a part of the cerebral cortex?
A. Temporal lobe B. Frontal lobe C. Wernicke’s area D. Thalamus
IM POSITIVE ITS C OR D
13.A supportive relationship, “ray of hope” and opportunity to open up are active ingredients of …..
A. Psychoanalysis B. Evaluations C. Psychotherapy D. Psychopharmacology
14.Images are duller as air contains particles of dust and moisture that blurs images at a distance.
A. fog B. refractory period C. adjusted perspective D. displaced images
15.The process of identifying and grouping mental disorders with similar symptoms is
A. Diagnosis B. Prognosis C. Treatment D. ?????
16.Part of the brain which plays a role in the transfer of information from short-term to long-term memory.
17. Things an adult can do to avoid steep memory declines as they age include….
A. remain involved in cognitively challenging activities
B. practice memory strategies
C. neither of the above
D. Both of the above.
18.Kim’s toddler, Jonathan, has started to attend daycare recently. Everyday when Kim drops him off, he clings to her and cries. It is very difficult for the people at the daycare to get him to calm. When she returns, Jonathan ignores her. She must go to him and then he screams and hits her. Jonathan is exhibiting what?
A. Secure attachment B. Strange situation C. Relational apathy D. Insecure attachment
OKAY i know that looks like alot. but you dont have to answer all! any answer will help. oh& please dont post if your not positive, or tell me that your not positive in your post.thnx
Answer by Michael
next one is a
5 is b or c, they are both right
6 is a stupid question but it is not menopause. They might be going for puberty, but it is a bad question.
7 is probably D but a skinner box is an object not a process
9 not enough information provided in the question. It could be C if they plan to follow up with the kids in 10 years.
11 god your teacher’s questions are really bad. They could be B.
12 everything but D is a part of the cerebral cortex
13 what a ridiculous question. I think s/he is going for c but a is a type of c so they both could be right
14 well it obviously could be A but is that really a psychology question? They must be going for C or D. Your teacher sucks.
Give your answer to this question below!