I want to work in child psychology , but also teach in highschool…?

Question by Wha: I want to work in child psychology , but also teach in highschool…?
I want to work in child psychology , but also teach in highschool how would this be possible?

Education major? Psychology major?

Best answer:

Answer by Keegan
yeah you’d probably need both, Then just be a school consular that teaches a class as well..

What do you think? Answer below!

2 Comments so far »

  1. pfismyfriend85 said,

    Wrote on March 10, 2012 @ 9:10 pm

    Your best bet may be to major in Education…that way you are guaranteed to have the requirements to teach in high school. As far as child psychology goes, are you planning on being a doctor? If so, you’ll need to apply to graduate school. It is possible for education majors to be accepted into a psychology program; however, you will need to show that you took many psychology courses in your undergraduate career and be able to talk about those courses and your interests. Without a higher degree, you can’t really work in the child psychology field. Plus, working in both areas may stretch you thin. Both jobs are very demanding. How about teaching psychology in high school? Or child development?

  2. cjvw622 said,

    Wrote on March 10, 2012 @ 9:43 pm

    Many states do not allow high school teachers to major in education. They want you to major in the subject you’ll be teaching. Also, child development and psychology are not taught in most high schools. The most efficient way would be to major in a subject you’d like to teach, get your credential, and then go back and get your counseling degree, which would be about 2 additional years.
    You can take evening classes while you’re teaching. Counselors who have not worked as teachers don’t get as much respect from their colleagues.

Comment RSS · TrackBack URI

Leave a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

DermStore Free Samples