How to Make a Great Website for Your Business Needs
Websites have become an important marketing tool for all kinds of businesses nowadays. And with the current popularity of e-commerce, a professional looking website is sure to open up doors for you and your business too! Once you have decided to create a website for your company, all you have to do is follow a few simple tips that will help generate you an awesome-looking site.
1. Think of a relevant domain name. A domain name will serve as your web stamp; it should be easy to remember and related to the industry you are in.
2. What is your goal for creating a website? It’s better to have a clear expectation in mind; do you need the website to attract new customers, to sell directly to them online, to provide information, or to offer after-sales support?
3. How will you put up your website? If you are knowledgeable in web designing, you may create your own site, if not, there’s always plenty of design professionals who you can enlist to get the work done.
4. Keep your website looking simple. Your website will serve as a business platform, ergo, it should be easy enough to navigate for visitors of all ages. A simple design is always enticing but make sure that it maintains its professional touch. You may skip using a ton of flash and multi-tiered menus, but you better make sure that all the links you’ll be providing on the site are visible and functioning well.
5.Avoid Splash pages. Splash pages gives your pages some extra load, thereby slowing down the time it takes for each page to get pulled up on a browser. This delay may seem minor to some, but when it comes to statistics, it can translate to business lost and visitors missed.
6. Simplify the navigation inside the website. Visitors should always know where they are on your website and they should be able to go back to where they have started off with just a few clicks of the mouse or the keyboard. A website that’s easy to navigate entices more user views and click-throughs than those sites which have complicated navigation procedures.
7. Add meaningful content to your website. When you incorporate content to your site, use articles that are informative and can be of use to actual readers and not just for search engine use.
8. Include a “Contact Us” page. Ensure that you don’t skip this step. A professional website values the opinions of its visitors; take it as a form of customer service, ergo, you need to include a way for them to reach you. And make sure to respond in a timely manner should you receive any request for more info, quotations and such.
About The Author: Matthew Genre is an industry journalist and blogger. He enjoys debating the latest industry news, blogging, and spending time with family. Check out this link for more information: how to make a website You can find more of his writing on the author’s profile page.